Saturday, August 1, 2009

He who seeks

This week's Torah portions dealt with Moise (Moses) talking to Papa as the Israelites are about to go into the Promised land. I had to giggle a little bit as Little Critter and I were reading this passage this week. If you'll look in Deuteronomy 3:23-26, I think you'll giggle too! It's not quite a funny in the Niv or Message Bibles, but in the Complete Jewish Bible even Little Critter said "Mommy, Moise sounds like a baby whining and begging for something!" After I got finished spitting my coffee across the room and choking on what I had been trying to sip on when he said that, I had to agree with him. (Trust Little Critter to wait until I have a full mouth of something to say something oddly profound...sigh)

The rest of the Torah portions this week included Isaiah 40 and Acts 3-5.. They were interesting reading, but it was the Deuteronomy section that stood out to me. Papa told the Israelites that if they sought Him with their whole hearts (Deut 4:29) that they'd find Him. That no matter what happened, if they turned their backs on Papa, if they forgot to follow His Rules (Mitzvot), if they just decided to do whatever they wanted to do instead...Papa would always be there with them. Not pressuring them, not begging them, not bribing, cajoling or threatening them....just there. Waiting. And as soon as the Israelites looked for Papa, He'd answer them. WOW!

Yeshua reiterated this idea in Luke 11:9-10 when He said "ask and it will be given you, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you." Now isn't that amazing??? The Creator of the universe, the One who was and is and is to come, the all powerful, all knowing Father of all living things said that if we just looked we'd find Him there with us....anywhere, anytime. That just blows my mind. What an incredible gift to us from Him! And it's right there in His Love Letter to us all. How amazing. Nothing hard to understand about it. No fine print, impossible rules, no having to know the blood types of your last six dogs and 4 cats....just seek, look for Him and He'll be there.

My friends, I spent a good portion of this week shuttling family members to the doctors, and reading that abomination our House of Representatives came up with for Health Care Reform. Times are looking pretty grim. The darkness of this world is growing with a rapidity that is stunning in it's magnitude. I urge all of my readers to be sure they've looked for Papa. Please ascertain your standing with Papa. The sounding of the shofar signaling the end of the world as we know it can not possibly be far off....and I would truly hate not being able to meet you when we all join Papa in the new heaven and earth. If you'd like to know more about how to seek Papa and find Him, don't hesitate to email me. I'd love to share with you more about my Dearest Papa. I pray each of you talk with Him today, be blessed by His love and His joy. Dance with Him. It's an exquisite activity. Feel His loving arms wrapped around you as He whispers of His love and plans for you in your ear. Be blessed my friends. Papa's still in charge and those folks in DC can only go so far before that shofar will call us from this place. Have a blessed Shabbat for those who are also Torah Observant. For my friends who aren't, have a blessed weekend...and don't forget to go to His House this weekend....He's waiting to give you a love letter! Shalom, Spitfire

3 comments:

RaDena said...

Your Little Critter is a jewel in disguise, Spitfire. I say "disguise" because he's still all boy! :)

Here's hoping you have a blessed weekend too. As for the so-called Health Care Plan, I am thinking that it won't pass. Now let us pray that I'm right!

Blessings to you and your family!

ABNPOPPA said...

Always a pleasure to read your post like this. I learn something every time! Hope you and yours are well

Pops

Most Rev. Gregori said...

Now it is a question of when will we begin to look for Papa?