Monday, June 29, 2009

We saw a miracle!!!!

I am so pumped! We saw a miracle today. About 4:00pm this afternoon, we saw an honest to goodness miracle!!! It rained. Yep, after almost 2 months of not a drop of rain here in Central Texas, we saw rain. Little Critter wasn't sure at first what that funny sound was....till he looked outside. Then he and I went running outside and stood in the rain, thanking Papa for sending it to us. This of course also means the temps stayed lower this afternoon! This is a wonderful miracle since it was 107.8 at 2:00pm....By the time the 15 minutes of gentle life-giving rain had ended, the temps had dropped under 100! WOOHOO!!! It's now at almost 10:00pm close to 88 degrees outside....only a couple of degrees higher than we keep the A/C (when it's working!!!!) in the house. Is that just too cool or what?!?!

So on that happy note, I have an email a friend of mine sent me. I really enjoyed it and thought you would too my friends. So read the following, never forget to thank Papa for His love letters to you and be blessed. Shalom, Spitfire

Inner Peace


If you can start the day without caffeine,

If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,


If you can resist complaining and
boring people with your troubles,

If you can eat the same food every
day and be grateful for it,

If you can understand when your loved
ones are too busy to give you any time,

If you can take criticism and
blame without resentment ,


If you can conquer tension
without medical help,

If you can relax without liquor,


If you can sleep without the aid of drugs,



...Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!



PS And no, I have proof I'm not the family dog.....mornings without caffeine is not a pretty sight at my house!!!!!giggle giggle.

2 comments:

RaDena said...

Droughts are a bear! Glad to hear you got the rain, Spitfire. God is good. :)

But start the day without caffeine? I'm with you... if I tried it I don't know what would happen, but it wouldn't be pretty here either.

God bless.

RaDena said...

Happy Independence Day, Spitfire. Here's hoping you and yours have a wonderful day and weekend.

We've turned comments on at Blasting Caps and Dynamite, by the way, but we're moderating them.